Meet Rebecca Hackett, Certified Prenatal Yoga Instructor and Yoga Therapist
Meet Rebecca Hackett, Certified Ma Yoga® Instructor
Yoga Therapist, C-IAYT, RPYT, RYT-500
My Yoga Tip for Changing Bodies
I have been doing yoga since 2000 after having multiple back surgeries in 1998, 2003, a spinal fusion in 2012, and two abdominal surgeries including a cesarean section. I became a yoga teacher and yoga therapist so I could teach to those who want the many benefits that yoga can provide. I started with Ma Yoga in 2015.
I began teaching for Ma Yoga because I needed a community around me when I was pregnant and newly postpartum. The community aspect of teaching group classes is so essential, and mamas benefit from an environment that is supportive, safe, and comfortable for them and their babies. We are excited to provide this community for women who might not have access to local classes, for whatever reason – or just want to find more support and education without leaving home.
I recently became a Birth Doula, which has given me so much more information to offer and I love to share that with every mama. I love supporting pregnant and postpartum mamas, but I have a passion for postpartum care, as not enough emphasis is placed on the mama postpartum. My goal is to offer mamas as much of an opportunity to talk about themselves as much as, if not more than, the babies and their role as a mama.
I strive to help the mamas regain their sense of self, to regain a deep connection to their core and midsection both physically and emotionally as they shared that space for ten months. Not only does Ma Yoga offer that community aspect but all Ma Yoga teachers know how much it can help the mama’s and family’s lives on a day-to-day basis.
I am also a Certified Yoga Therapist, and all of that training comes into my teaching as well, giving me the ability to modify and adjust the yoga practice for any mama despite any issues she may have. It is with this training that I have also created private Postnatal Therapeutic Yoga Packages for any mama or family that offers in-home sessions.
5 Fun Facts About Me
1. I am/was a musician (played piano, flute, piccolo and sang) and that’s fallen away as an adult, but is starting to come back as a parent, which is awesome! I also went to band camp.
2. I first worked as a social worker after college, then got out of social work and worked in the automotive industry for 10 years doing logistics, large-scale events, fleet management, product launches and PR/Marketing, before becoming a yoga teacher.
3. I grew up in Michigan, the state of lakes, so all sports that I did growing up and school involved water, I swam, dove, did synchronized swimming and rowed crew.
4. I try to be as crafty as I can with being a mom! I used to sew, quilt, etc., before having a child.
5. I have to have chocolate in some form every day if possible.
Jessica Jennings is a mom of a tween, as well as a yoga therapist, lifestyle educator and Certified Feminine Power Transformational Facilitator. She created Ma Yoga® for Pregnancy, Motherhood & Beyond in 2009 to help mamas meet both the challenges and opportunities of this exciting time of life. Now, her Ma Journey membership helps busy moms love their bodies with nourishing and nurturing routines. Get free weekly guidance and inspiration for wherever you are on your journey at MaYogaLiving.com/care-package!