Being a new mom is far from easy. Postpartum comes with so many challenges including:
- Isolation and loneliness
- Loss of the usual ways we nurture ourselves because of lack of time and ability to leave home
- Emotional issues around birth – 1 out of 3 moms say birth was traumatic
- Anxiety – now surpassing post-partum depression as the most common negative emotional challenge
Add in the limitations of Covid, and there’s the added challenge of not being able to have help come over, whether that’s Lactation consults, postpartum doulas, family. We know it takes a village – how can we get the support we need?
Dr. Jeon, a Pediatrician at UCLA, led us through a great discussion, with topics like:
- What are the best kinds of thermometers?
- When is a temperature a fever?
- What are remedies for colic or gas, and what’s the difference?
- What are some was to stay positive?
- When are video visits useful, and when is it time to come in?
- How can a postpartum doula be safe right now, and what do they do to help?
Enjoy this presentation about postpartum and the Q&A after!
If you’re a mom or pregnant, please don’t accept loneliness, isolation, or giving up nurturing your body.
Join us for a FREE Prenatal, Mom and Baby or Regular Yoga class.
WE OFFER STRENGTHENING, OPENING, THERAPEUTIC PRENATAL, MOM and REGULAR YOGA CLASSES
IN THE MA YOGA ZOOM ROOM
We have a full schedue of live, doctor-approved Prenatal Yoga, Mom Yoga and Mom and Baby Yoga Classes – easy to hop into without leaving your living room. Our Certified Ma Yoga® teachers are highly trained birth doulas and postpartum professionals, and will not only help you make space for baby and breath, but will help prepare you for what’s to come – and once you’re a mom, build your body back better than ever with healthy habits already in place.
Your first live online class is FREE. Check out our schedule and quick book your first Prenatal, Mom, Mom+Baby or Ma Yoga for Anyone class and book your first class in the Ma Yoga Zoom Room! After that, members receive 40% off specialized classes, unlimited Ma Yoga Anytime videos, and FREE Ma Yoga for Anyone live classes.